DioGuardi will be head judge of the 10-episode series

NEW YORK (CBS/AP) Kara DioGuardi is coming back to TV.

The former “American Idol” judge is set to appear on “Going Platinum,” a song-writing competition on the Bravo Network.

DioGuardi will be head judge of the 10-episode series. Singer-songwriter Jewel will serve as host.

“Hit songs are the backbone of the music industry, and as a publisher, nothing excites me more than finding new songwriting talent,” DioGuardi said in a statement released by Bravo. “I am happy to be a part of a show that helps up and coming songwriters pursue their dreams, while giving the public a look into the creative process.”

The show will pit contestants against one another as they live together, 부산출장안마 all vying for a $100,000 grand prize.

“Going Platinum” is scheduled to premiere next year, the network announced Tuesday.

DioGuardi, who has written hit songs for such artists as Carrie Underwood and Pink, was a judge on “American Idol” the past two seasons. She announced her departure from the Fox show in September.

Related Posts

“I don’t even want to fight back because it’s more important to me to keep writing music
The actor’s messy personal life has included a wild night that left a New York hotel room in shambles and sent Sheen to a hospital, and a guilty plea last summer to assaulting his third wife, Brooke Mueller, in Aspen, Colo. (The two are now divorcing.) Sheen filled gossip pages again by spending last weekend partying in Las Vegas, possibly with Michelle “Bombshell” McGee, whose disclosures about an affair with Jesse James torpedoed Oscar-winner Sandra Bullock’s marriage last winter. PICTURES: Stars Who Trash Hotel RoomsPICTURES: Michelle “Bombshell” McGee Tassler said she has given a great deal of thought to Sheen on a “human level,” but the situation can’t be viewed simplistically. The actor does his job reliably well on “Two and a Half Men,” she said. A reporter suggested a person in a different line of work would be fired for involvement in similar incidents. “What do you get fired for? Going to work and doing your job?” Tassler asked. Sheen’s Monday night program has increased its audience by 2 percent over last season, the Nielsen Co. said. He signed a new two-year contract at the end of last season that makes him one of the highest-paid actors on prime-time television. CBS respects the way Warner Bros. Television, the producer of “Two and a Half Men” and Sheen’s actual employer, has been handling the situation, Tassler said. “This show is a hit,” she said. “That’s all we have to say.”
{Benghazi militia leader charged in U.S. consulate attack once dared Libya gov’t to “come to my house and arrest me”|In the letter, initiated by Sen|Last week, a small but vocal group of eight Republican congressmen sent a message to the newly-confirmed FBI Director James Comey, pressing him to take action|(CBS News) Nearly a year after the deadly attack on the U.S|Khattalah told Palmer that the attackers were merely ordinary people armed with rocket-propelled grenades and added that he expected a fight should the government move to arrest Islamist militia members suspected in the attack|It has been and remains, a top priority,” Justice Department spokesman Andrew C|diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, federal prosecutors have filed the first criminal charges related to the assault that killed four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.

No comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *