Jury selection ended shortly before 1 p.m|More in Gulf Coast Oil Disaster “Celebrity has no place in this courtroom or in any of the issues that need to be resolved by the jury in this trial,” Feldman said|District Judge Martin L.C|”Maybe one of the directions that Mr|”Not only did Costner not know that Plaintiffs were negotiating to sell their OTS interests, he was surprised and offended by the idea that Contogouris and Baldwin would walk away from OTS with almost $2 million in cash despite having invested no money in the company, and at a time when a contract with BP was uncertain to materialize,” says a court filing summarizing Costner’s version of events|Baldwin and Contogouris say they were entitled to shares of BP’s deposit}

Updated at 2:35 p.m. ET

(CBS/AP) NEW ORLEANS – Jury selection began Monday in a legal fight between two Hollywood stars over investments in a device used to try to clean up BP’s 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

In his lawsuit, 부산출장안마 actor Stephen Baldwin claims Kevin Costner and a business partner duped Baldwin and a friend out of their shares of an $18 million deal for BP to buy oil-separating centrifuges after the April 2010 spill.

U.S. District Judge Martin L.C. Feldman told prospective jurors they could not be influenced by the celebrity status of Baldwin and Costner. Both actors were in court. Costner wore a blazer and khakis, while Baldwin wore an olive suit.

More in Gulf Coast Oil Disaster

“Celebrity has no place in this courtroom or in any of the issues that need to be resolved by the jury in this trial,” Feldman said.

Related Posts

The Department of Justice is keeping the charges against the suspect, Libyan militia leader Ahmed Abu Khattalah, under seal, but CBS News’ Margaret Brennan reports that the suspect has been living openly in Benghazi since the September, 2012 attack. Khattalah admitted to CBS News last fall that he was at the scene on the night of the attack, but denied a personal role in the violence. “I went to help four men who were trapped inside,” Boukhatala told CBS News correspondent Elizabeth Palmer. When he arrived, though, the men were gone, according to the Islamist militant. At the time, Libya’s government had told CBS News that Boukhatala was a “prime suspect” in the attack on the U.S. offices, but asked about that accusation by Palmer, the militant smiled and said, “if that’s what the President is saying, then he should come to my house and arrest me.” But that’s something Libya’s government security forces wouldn’t have dared to do. Khattalah is the chief of a ferocious militia in Benghazi, the Abu Ubaidah Brigades – a sub-group of the larger Ansar al Shariah militia. Palmer reported that the militia — armed to the teeth with weapons looted from deposed dictator Muammar Qaddafi’s arsenals — acted at the time of the attack as both military and police in parts of Benghazi. The government’s security forces, the official police and army, are simply too weak to push them out. Khattalah told Palmer that the attackers were merely ordinary people armed with rocket-propelled grenades and added that he expected a fight should the government move to arrest Islamist militia members suspected in the attack. It remains unclear whether the U.S. has now asked Libyan authorities to arrest Khattalah or whether the FBI has identified the other suspects, pictured alongside Khattalah in a series of photos taken from the security cameras at the consulate. The other men are thought to be members of Khattalah’s militia. Neither the militia nor Khattalah have been specifically identified by the U.S. government as terrorists, according to Brennan. “The investigation is ongoing. It has been and remains, a top priority,” Justice Department spokesman Andrew C. Ames said Tuesday. However, the FBI has not made any arrests in the 11 months since the attack and the Obama Administration faces mounting pressure to take action. Last week, a small but vocal group of eight Republican congressmen sent a message to the newly-confirmed FBI Director James Comey, pressing him to take action. In the letter, initiated by Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-U.T.), the legislators called the administration’s investigation thus far “unacceptable” and called for an “aggressive” investigation.”
This book can change your life|Andrew Runnels plays the model missionary|”He’s also a bit of an exaggerator|It’s sold out for months with scalpers charging as much as $900 for one seat! So no wonder a huge crowd forms before every performance for a lottery that lets ten winners buy tickets for that show|It’s the hottest show on Broadway right now|It’s only 200 years ago.” “And when we met Bobby, and he had the same thought, we were just like yeah! It’s perfect!” said Parker}
None of the film’s male cast members were there.  Allen joked to the audience, according to Entertainment Weekly, “I would have played Jesse’s role if I was 50 years younger, but there’s nothing I can do about that.” “To Rome with Love” opens in the U.S

No comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *